First things first, Images and files are on a completely different sync protocol than the rest of the app. The app syncs all the relevant images and files linked to Completed forms, Customers, Products, and even the Company logo to a folder named Skynamo within the device's internal storage.
To find this folder, see the following steps click-by-click:
- Navigate to My Files (the device's file explorer).
- Click on Internal Storage.
- Make sure you are filtered on All folders.
- Navigate to Skynamo.
- Choose the relevant user profile.
- And voila!! Here are the folders where all Skynamo images/files are stored.
Please note: Within the Customer files and Form Images, there might be images or files that were not taken or added by you, but by other reps who share customer assignments with you. Skynamo is ISO 27001 certified, which means Skynamo adheres to strict security controls and policies for the protection of personal data. So these are images and files that are strictly added on Skynamo and enable you to view all required history on your respective customers.
Should you experience the issue of Skynamo images that are displaying in your device's gallery, there is a simple workaround on how to hide images from specific folders within your Internal Storage:
Note: This is simply an empty hidden file that we are going to add that tells Gallery applications not to scan this folder for media files.
- Select the folder of choice, in this case, it would be Skynamo.
- Click on the More options button.
- Click on Create folder.
- Name the folder: ".nomedia", and click on Create.
Please note: It would seem that there was no folder created, but it was actually just saved as a hidden file - this is supposed to happen.
- To show the hidden file, click on the More options button.
- Click on Settings.
- Enable the "Show hidden system files" toggle switch.
- Click back and you will then see the hidden .nomedia file.
- Then restart your device and all images from Skynamo will then be removed from your Gallery.