Common troubleshooting steps for Android
Step1 – Make sure location is on.
- Check if location is on for the device. Either by dragging down the task bar or by going to Settings > Location > Turn on.
- Locating method should also be set on High accuracy.
- Improve accuracy should be enabled to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Step 2 – Check location permission for Skynamo and Maps.
- Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Permissions > Location > Turn on
- Settings > Apps > Maps > Permissions > Location > Turn on
* Some devices will allow you to click on the location permission where you will then be presented with additional options.
Select the "Allow all the time" option for both Skynamo and Maps.
Step 3 - Check that Google Maps/Maps and Skynamo is up to date.
Go to Google Playstore and check if updates are available. For Playstore, if it says Open/Uninstall it is up to date (i.e. no update option).
Step 4 – Turn off battery optimization for Skynamo.
Settings > Apps & notifications > Scroll to Skynamo > Battery Optimization > Should be “Not optimized”.
Settings > Battery > Battery saver > Set to “Off/ Never turn on automatically”.
Step 5 – Clear cache for Skynamo.
Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Storage > “Clear cache”
Step 6 – Clear data for Maps.
Settings > Apps > Maps > Storage > “Clear data”
If none of these steps work, then please contact Support on:
SA - +27 861 345 345
UK – +44 203 150 0217
USA - +1 917 242 3582
Also, please see attached documentation which explains exactly how GPS tracking works and why GPS teleportation occurs within Skynamo.