Step1 – Make sure location is on.
- Check if location is on for the device. Either by dragging down the task bar or by going to Settings > Location > Turn on.
- Locating method should also be set on High accuracy.
- Improve accuracy should be enabled to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Step 2 – Check location permission for Skynamo and Maps.
- Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Permissions > Location > Allow all the time
- Settings > Apps > Maps > Permissions > Location > Allow all the time
Step 3 - Check that Google Maps/Maps and Skynamo is up to date.
Go to Google Playstore and check if updates are available. For Playstore, if it says Open/Uninstall it is up to date (i.e. no update option).
Step 4 – Turn off battery optimization for Skynamo.
Settings > "Apps" or "Apps & notifications" > Scroll to Skynamo > Battery > Optimize battery usage > tap on "Apps not optimized" > tap on "All apps" > Find Skynamo and Maps and turn the option OFF:
Step 5 – Clear cache for Skynamo.
Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Storage > “Clear cache”
Step 6 – Clear data for Maps.
Settings > Apps > Maps > Storage > “Clear data”
Step 7 - Turn off your battery-saver/ power-saving mode
Settings -> Battery and device care -> Battery -> Switch power-saving mode/battery saver OFF
Step 8 – Turn on WIFI
Since Maps uses GPS, WIFI and cell towers to find and track a devices location, leaving WIFI turned on while travelling may improve accuracy for GPS location.
If none of these steps work, then please contact Support on:
SA - +27 861 345 345
UK – +44 203 150 0217
USA - +1 917 242 3582
Also, please see attached documentation which explains exactly how GPS tracking works and why GPS teleportation occurs within Skynamo.