Step1 – Make sure location is on.
- Check if location is on for the device. Either by dragging down the task bar or by going to Settings > Location > Turn on.
- Locating method should also be set on High accuracy.
- Improve accuracy should be enabled to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Step 2 – Check location permission for Skynamo and Maps.
- Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Permissions > Location > Turn on
- Settings > Apps > Maps > Permissions > Location > Turn on
* Some devices will allow you to click on the location permission where you will then be presented with additional options. Please make sure you do this.
Select the "Allow all the time" option for both Skynamo and Maps.
Step 3 - Check that Google Maps/Maps and Skynamo is up to date.
Go to Google Playstore and check if updates are available. For Playstore, if it says Open/Uninstall it is up to date (i.e. no update option).
Step 4 – Turn off battery optimization for Skynamo.
(To turn off battery optimization for Lenovo, click here)
Settings > "Apps" or "Apps & notifications" > Scroll to Skynamo > Battery > Optimize battery usage > tap on "Apps not optimized" > tap on "All apps" > Find Skynamo and Maps and turn the option OFF:
Step 5 – Clear cache for Skynamo.
Settings > Apps > Skynamo > Storage > “Clear cache”
Step 6 – Clear data for Maps.
Settings > Apps > Maps > Storage > “Clear data”
Step 7 - Turn off your battery-saver/ power-saving mode
Settings -> Battery and device care -> Battery -> Switch power-saving mode/battery saver OFF
Step 8 – Turn on WIFI
Since Maps uses GPS, WIFI and cell towers to find and track a devices location, leaving WIFI turned on while travelling may improve accuracy for GPS location.
Step 7 – Calibrate Maps
If your blue dot's beam is wide or pointing in the wrong direction, you’ll need to calibrate your compass.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap on the blue dot, location:
- You will then be prompted to make a figure 8 until your compass is calibrated. You should only have to do this a few times. There will also be an indicator telling you how accurate the location is:
- The beam should become narrow and point in the right direction.
Go to Settings > "Device care" or "Device Maintenance" or "Battery and device care" > Battery.
Apply all that appear on the device (since different devices have different settings):
1. Turn off battery/power saving mode
2. Turn off adaptive power saving settings (you might have to look under "more battery settings" for this option)
3. Turn off app power management.
4. Add Skynamo and Maps to the "Never sleeping Apps" list.
If none of these steps work, then please contact Support on:
SA - +27 861 345 345
UK – +44 203 150 0217
USA - +1 917 242 3582
Also, please see attached documentation which explains exactly how GPS tracking works and why GPS teleportation occurs within Skynamo.
Please sign in to leave a comment.