A debug file is primarily sent via email,
the links below contain articles that give steps on how a user can send a debug email from android and iOS devices to the support team.
However, this is not always possible, because the file might be too big (>25MB on Gmail and >10MB on other emails), email blocks/delays.
This article elaborates on two options of getting a debug file, i.e. remotely from the Users mobile device to our computers using TeamViewer and Via Google drive.
The user must first install a Teamviewer Quicksupport app on their Skynamo devices.
Refer to the link below:
1. Launch your team viewer app on your computer
2. And request that the User launches their TeamViewer QuickSupport app on their mobile devices and give you their TeamViewer ID
3. Insert the ID on the Partner ID space (i), select Remote control (ii) and click on connect (iii)
4. A connection request will then be sent to the mobile user and they need to select Allow,
5. The screen below will be presented when the connection is established, then select File transfer
6. The left side displays your computer interface, and the right side displays the User’s mobile device interface.
7. From your computer on the left, select a location where you will save your debug file
8. From the User’s interface:
- Select the External Storage file folder
- Click on the Android file folder
- And select the com.myhoneybeekeeper.reptile file folder
- And then select the data file folder
- The debug file is usually compressed and label, companyname_username…., as seen below
8. Drag and drop the debug file from the right to the left side of the screen.
1. Request that the User opens their Skynamo and click on the three lines at the top right corner of the screen
2. Click on About
3. Select Debug
4. Click on Send debug email
5. Select Save to Drive on the options that will pop up
(if that option is not available, advise the User to download the Google Drive app from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs&hl=en_ZA&gl=US)
6. Then save the file.
7. Launch Google Drive and locate the document, it will be saved as companyname_username_date……., and then click on the three dots at the top right corner of the document.
8. And you will be presented with the following options, Select Copy link
9. Exit google drive and send the copied link to email@example.com