The Customer Coverage report allows you to see how many times a customer was visited in the last 6 months. This report can be used to create a map that shows how many times the customer was visited and where that customer was visited. The report does not only show visits but visits and orders.
You can use the Customer Coverage report and the customer coordinates (Latitude and Longitude) to create your own customized report that will show you the number of visits and orders placed with a customer per month. Below are the steps you will need to follow in order to create this amazing report.
The customized report relies on the customer coordinates. For customers that have addresses but do not have coordinates, you can send an email to email@example.com and ask the support team to convert those addresses into coordinates.
- To start with creating the customized report, you will need to login into the Skynamo Web interface and click on the Reports tab. After clicking the Reports tab, it will show you a list of reports within your instance. You can then search for the Customer Coverage report and click on the report.
- After clicking on the Customer Coverage report: The report will open as can be seen below, and you will then have to download the report by clicking "Download".
- After downloading the report, you will need to go to the folder where the report is saved and open the report. The numbers on the report show the number of visits and orders within a month.
- Within the report, you will then have to clean your data by removing months that you do not want to look into and the customers that were not visiting within that month.
- After cleaning your data and saving your file, you now need to download the customer information from the imports page. In order to download the customer information, you will need to go to the settings tab on the Web interface.
- From the settings page, you will then need to click on the Imports tab under the View panel to the left. This will open a list of imports that you can do within Skynamo. Then click on Import Customers so that you can download your customer database.
- After clicking on Import Customers, this will open the Import Customers page. You will then click on Download all. This will download your customer database.
- You will go to the folder where you have saved the file and open the Customers file. From the file, you will need the customer Name, Active/Inactive, Latitude, Longitude, and Assigned Users. (Columns B to E)
- Now that you have both the Customer Coverage report and the customer database. You will need to copy the following headings to the customer coverage report from the customer's database file: Active/Inactive, Latitude, Longitude, and Assigned Users. You will then use the Xlookup Excel formula to find the Active/Inactive, Latitude, Longitude, and Assigned Users values for each customer on the customer coverage Report.
Please use the below article as a guide to using Xlookup:
- When you are done finding all the values, you will then need to remove all the customers that have no values added. You can also copy your information to a new spreadsheet and paste values only, to ensure that you remove all the formulas you had on the initial customer coverage report. Save when done.
- Now that you are done working on your data, you will need to go to google maps and click on the Menu button.
- The Menu button will give you google options that you can select. You will then select your Your Places.
- After selecting your places, it will give you the following options. You will need to select MAPS, and this will give you a list of all the maps you have created before. From this page, you will then click on Create Map at the bottom.
- After clicking on Create Map, this will open a new web page as can be seen below. You can edit the Untitled map to the name of the map you want to create. You will then need to click on import, in order to import your customer coverage report.
- You can drag and drop your Excel file here or click on "Select a file from your device". You can then navigate to the folder where you saved your file and click on the open button in order to import the file.
- After selecting your file, you will then need to select the Latitude and Longitude (Coordinates) for your customers. Then click continue.
- After clicking the continue button, it will take you to the next page where you will have to select a column that you want to use as an identifier. In this case, we will select the interaction column since we want to look at the orders and visits done. When you are done, you will need to click finish.
- On the top left of your map, you will see a card and within that card, you will need to click on "Untitled Map" in order to change the name of your map.
- When you click on the name of the map. It will open a card in the middle of the map, which you can rename and add your map description. When you are done, you will click save.
- After clicking save, your map will have its name updated on the top. You will then need to click on "Uniform Style" in order to change the colors and labels.
- After clicking on Uniform Style, it will open a card with the below instruction. You will need to click on Interaction so that it can differentiate the pins between the visits and orders.
- In order to add labels, you will need to click on the uniform style again and click on set labels.
- After clicking on Set Labels, you will need to click on Interactions so that it can label the different interactions as Visits and Orders.
- When you are done, the card on the top left will show you the number of orders placed and the number of visits done. The map will have the orders and visits in different colors and a label to help identify the interaction type.
You can also edit the style of your report depending on what you want to see and change labels to meet your goal.
For further assistance, please do to contact the support team on +27 861 345 345, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.