If you would like to have similar forms with slight changes, depending on the different customers reps visit, or the region in which the reps operate in etc., it may be a time consuming process to create similar forms, especially if the forms are quite lengthy. The good news is that you are able to duplicate forms on Skynamo, so that two ore more identical forms are on your instance, that you then can adjust according to the needs that the forms addresses. To do this, please see the steps set out below:
1. Download Notepad++ if you do not have it already installed on your computer.
You can use the following link to do so: https://ninite.com/. When asked to pick the apps you want, only select Notepad++ under Developer Tools.
Click on “Get your Ninite”.
2. Login to your instance.
The following page will appear:
3. Click on the URL at the top of your page. It will look something like this: https://trainingberno.za.skynamo.me/Reports/Dashboard. Instead of “trainingberno” the name of your instance will appear.
Delete the /Reports/Dashboard part in the URL and replace it with /customfields. The URL should now look something like this: https://trainingberno.za.skynamo.me/customfields.
A page similar to the following should appear:
4. Search for the form that you want to duplicate. Middle click on the form name. For this example, the Credit Request Form is used.
5. When middle clicking, an XML file of the form will open in on another tab in your browser that will look similar to the picture below. Depending on the size of the form, the XML varies in length.
This is the XML file that you will use for the duplicated form. Click Ctrl + S to save the file and give it a name that you will remember, such as Credit Request Form Duplicate – XML file.
6. Navigate back to the /customfields URL and click on Add form.
7. You will notice that “New Form” will be added to list of forms. Middle click on this.
The XML file for the New Form opens in another tab. You do not have to save the file, but it is important to note two things:
(1) Note the ID of the form: This is given between the two <FormID> texts. In the example below, the form ID is 58.
(2) Note the name of the instance: This is given between the two <InstanceKey> texts. In the example below, the instance name is trainingberno. (This should be the same as found within the URL’s used in Step 2.)
8. Navigate to the XML file you saved initially saved. Open it up with Notepad++ to be able to edit the file.
Within the file, change the ID of the form (between the two <FormID> texts) to match that of the form ID of “New form” that you noted in Step 6.
You can change the name of the form by changing the name between the two <FormName> texts. This will now be the name of the form that you will duplicate.
Initially the XML file would have looked something like this:
With the new changes, the XML file will now look something like this (note the changed ID and name):
Save the file.
9. Navigate back to the /customfields URL. Next to the New Form in the list of forms, click on browse to upload the XML file that you have saved and just edited.
Once you have selected the correct file, click on the Update tab.
The form should now appear in the list of forms under the name you assigned to in Step 7.
10. Navigate to the Forms tab on your instance. The form will appear here.
From here you can configure the form and change the questions according to your preferences.