The following article will show you how to manually assign a user to a big selection of customers on your instance.
Please note, that if you have user-customer integration, all customer assignments will be overwritten by your ERP system. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please get in touch with the Skynamo support team on 0861 345 345 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for assistance.
Please see the following steps below:
- Navigate to your Customers tab and click on the "Download all" button to download your customer database.
Note: to assign the same customers of a different user, you need to apply the "Assigned to" filter prior to the download.
2. Open the excel file that was downloaded.
3. Remove column B to column G by selecting column B-G, right-clicking and then click on "Delete". Do the same for columns C-W for this example. Select column C, press Shift+Ctrl+right arrow to select all the remaining columns to the right, right-click on the selected columns, and click on "Delete".
The columns that should remain is Code and Assigned users.
4. Now to assign your user; select cell C2, and enter the user name of the user you wish to assign as in the screenshot below.
Please note: The username you add should be precisely the same as it is set up under the Users tab. Please see the screenshots below as to where this can be located.
5. Navigate back to the excel file, and double-click on the bottom right corner of cell C2, to populate the whole column with the user you wish to assign.
6. Select cell D2, and type the following "=B2&C2" and press "Enter".
7. Then double-click on the bottom right corner of cell D2 to populate the whole column.
8. Right-click on the selected cells and click on "Copy", then right-click again and Paste as values.
9. Then copy the cells in column D and paste them into column B to replace column B's data.
10. Now you can delete columns C and D and save your excel file.
11. You will now be able to import your customers file to assign the user. Please click here on how to import files.
Should you experience any issues, please contact support at email@example.com or 0861 345 345.