* Merges cannot be undone – it is, therefore, crucial to ensure that you double-check the customers selected before finalizing.*
* Note that you can only merge customers from the web interface of Skynamo.
There are different reasons as to why you would like to merge customers on Skynamo. A merge lets you keep the history of both customers while removing duplicates on Skynamo.
There are certain steps that you need to go through before you can start merging customers:
The first step when it comes to merging customers will be to ensure that the permissions are enabled under the user role:
Settings >> User roles >> Select the user role to edit permissions >> Enable “Merge customers (only available on web interface) ”
By default, only the account manager can edit user roles unless the account manager gives these permissions to another user role i.e. managers.
When attempting a merger, please keep the following in mind:
- A customer with invoices in their history, cannot be merged as the Source. This request will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To re-iterate, merges cannot be undone. Should catastrophe strike, the best we can do is revert your whole system to the previous day’s backup and have all the reps resync.
As mergers cannot be undone, it is always a good idea to make a backup of your data before importing new data. With merges, you would need to make a backup of your customers, as well as visit frequencies.
This can both be done from the web interface by going to:
- settings >> imports >> import Customers >> download all
- settings >> imports >> import Visit Frequencies >> download all
Merging your customers
Open your Customers Tab, and select the customers you wish to merge by ticking the blocks on the left. Then select the Merge button (2 Arrows)
A block will then appear for you to select which customer you want to delete, and which one you want to retain.
Select the Blue Review Button to continue.
If you are 100% sure this is what you want to do, select the Merge button in blue to complete the Merger.