Creating a New Form on your Web Interface:
Before using the “Form Builder” a new form must first be created on your Web Interface. Here is the steps for creating a new form:
1. We have a hidden link where all your forms can be found. Access this hidden link by adding customfields to the end of your Web Interface URL.
2. Add a new form by selecting the “Add form” button and download the .XML format of this form. Do this by “right clicking” on a form and select “Open link in new tab”.
3. Take note off the three unique identifiers on the .XML file of the ‘New Form’, this is required later. These are the (1) InstanceKey, (2) FormID and (3) FormName. Then “Right click” anywhere on this page and select “Save as”. Save it in the location of your choice.
Here is a definition of each unique identifier:
- InstanceKey: The name of your instance
- FormID: The unique identifier of the form
- FormName: The name of your form
Use the From Builder:
You will now build a form with the “Form Builder” and use this to update the “New Form” on your Web Interface.
1. Open the “Form Builder” excel file and navigate to the “Input” sheet.
2. Now replace the “Company Key” and “From Number” with the (1) “Instance Key” and (2) “FormID” from the .XML file of the “New Form” created on your Web Interface. Fill in the “Form Name” with a unique form name of your choice. I will use (3) “Awesome Form” for this example.
3. Beneath this the form builder has a couple of drop-down options for each cell in Column A. This works perfectly when creating a large/repetitive question form. Populate these cells according to the Form requirements.
4. Add your heading per question in Column B. Note: When selecting a “Drop-down Box” like in the example above, the different options should be populated horizontally to the right (from Column C onwards with the alphabet)
5. After creating the form, open Notepad++ and open the saved .XML file from the “New Form”.
6. Now replace the data in the .XML file opened in Notepad++ with the data from the “Form Builder” excel file.
7. Copy the data from the “HoneyBee From” sheet in the “Form Builder”.
8. Paste the data over the selected .XML file data in Notepad++ and “Save”.
9. Select “Browse” next to the “New Form” in the customfields URL on your Web Interface and select the .XML file in its saved directory and select “Open” and then “Update”.
10. That is it! Your new form should now be created.
Some additional information about using the 'input' sheet in the From Builder:
- No duplicate form questions are allowed in Column B.
- Inserting of deleting cells are not allowed, this messes up the code on the 'HoneyBee Form' sheet. However, copying, pasting and deleting cell content are allowed.
- Be sure to never paste data over existing data, this again messes up the code. First delete the cell content where you want to paste data and then paste it.
- No '<' characters are allowed.
- Only 1 required signature question are allowed per form in Column A.
- The functionality of building 'Nested Drop-Downs' are not yet available in the Form Builder. To build a 'Nested Drop-Down' select the option in Column A. The rest of the 'Nested Drop-Down' should be created on the web interface.
But there is a way to created 'Nested Drop-Down' lists on the web interface with the help of excel:
1. Created a 'Nested Drop-Down' list in excel in the following format:
- Headings at the top
- Type in different nested levels horizontally
- Type in drop-down option per nested level vertically
2. Then select the (1) 'List Import' option when editing the form on the web interface, (2) copy and paste the nested list excel data into the open space provided and (3) select 'Add newline list'.
3. Your 'Nested Drop-Down' list should now be populated.