Product fields can also be customized in the same way that customer fields can be customized.
As an example, on Insights when you open a product and navigate to the Details tab, the product details would be listed from below the "Code".
To edit the product fields, click on the settings icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
On the left-hand side, in the “View” pane you will find the Product fields tab as indicated in the red box below.
The Product fields tab will direct you to a form where you can customize your product fields as you wish.
Here is the list of product fields available on Skynamo:
Text – free text capturing
Number – free number format capturing
Drop Down Box – choose between single, multi, single nested or multi nested
Email – contact field
Address – editable free text contact field
Date/Time – predefined
Label – used for headers
Divider – for aesthetics
The Default settings on each custom field:
The Default settings apply to each custom field, enabling greater control over end user access and experience.
Mobile settings – these settings influence end user ability on mobile
- Visible on mobile – instead of deleting fields and losing historic data; rather “hide” by deselecting.
- Editable on mobile – left unticked, the end user will be unable to operate the specified field or action.
Other settings -
- This field must have a value – control measure to ensure that the end user completes the field before saving.
- Can search on this field – allows information to be searchable content.
- Can filter on this field – all end users can find this information using the in-app filtering options.
- Can sort by this field – similar to the filter option, selecting this box will allow end users to sort through data.
Here follows a brief explanation of each product field:
Free text for any type of data capturing. Use the default settings to make this a “forced” field.
- Name your field
- Indicate number setting preferences. Decimal places – pre-sets the field according to the decimal places selected.
- Complete default settings.
- Name the data field. Example; Contact 1 Email
- Determine Email settings - Tick the “Send to recipients” box if information should be emailed on completion of forms, orders, quotes, ecs. by default.
Mobile settings – if these boxes are both ticked then the mobile user can freely use this field from the front end. To restrict usage; deselect accordingly.
Other settings – see default settings.
1. Name the field e.g: Delivery Location, Physical Address, Post Address, etc.
2. Apply default settings accordingly.
Single Select – a drop-down box allowing the end user to select one item from a predetermined list.
Multi-Select – allows end user to select more than one option from the field.
- The form builder will list 3 options by default.
- Name each of the options (these are the options that will display for the end user to select from)
- Delete, add more, or set to default display as needed.
- Add item – to add more lines
- Sort A-Z - sort in alphabetical order
- List import - Select a predetermined list from Excel, paste it in the text box, and click on "Add newline list".
Date and Time
*Note: forms are date and time stamped by default so this field is ideal for incident reports or future-dated action requirements.
Use labels as headers, to section customer fields with multiple data subjects, or to add a fine print.
1. Click on the text field to name the label (text is visible on the customer details)
2. Select label type.
Dividers are text free and used to add division on product fields for aesthetics.
There are no additional settings for dividers.
Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.